In the spirit of towels, here is another fairly easy tutorial on how to make a kitchen towel with snaps. This way you can hang your towel on the dishwasher or oven, and keep it hanging.
1) Cut kitchen towel in half (widthwise).
2) Print and cut out pattern. (Click HERE for PDF)
3) Trace pattern on wrong side of fabric. You will need enough fabric to have two pieces that will be sewed together.
4) With right sides of fabric facing each other, sew along traced line (refer to pattern to see where to start and end).
5) Cut excess fabric off (I leave enough at the bottom opening to fold in and leave a nice clean edge). Flip inside out. Fold bottom extra fabric in. Iron.
6) Scrunch up the raw edge of the kitchen towel. Stuff into the fabric opening (about 1-2 inches of the towel should be in the fabric pocket). Spread out so the pleats are evenly distributed.
7) Zigzag stitch two lines.
I made coordinating oven mitts. This will be a housewarming gift for a friend. :)